Call for ELDO PHOTOS

By Steve Levin
From Boulder, CO
Jul 14, 2012
Guiding in RMNP
ELDORADO CANYON: A CLIMBING GUIDE (2nd edition) by Steve Levin will go to the printer at Summer's end. We're looking for new action photos. Please post any submissions on Sharp End Publishing's facebook page.

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Jul 14, 2012
Personal Photo
Presumably here: facebook.com/SharpEndPublishin...

Damn, I thought the book was nearly perfect as is...

By Steve Levin
From Boulder, CO
Jul 14, 2012
Guiding in RMNP
I've added a couple dozen new routes- believe it or not!- and some minor tweaking, that I think improve the guide even further.
If you have some good action climbing shots from your days out in the Canyon, please send them to Fred on the Sharp End Facebook page.
Thanks, and climb safe out there!

By Roger from Ouray
Jul 16, 2012
Steve; got a couple of shots Dave V. took of me on the Edge last Sept. Would love to see myself immortalized in your outstanding book. That is, if they want to put some old fart in there.

By Mike McKinnon
From Golden, CO
Jul 16, 2012
Bunny pancake
Shit you are going to make me purchase another $50 coffee table book I am afraid to take to the crag:)

By Baumer
From Boulder, CO
Jul 16, 2012
Easy Lieback
Steve,

Your Eldo book is far and away the best guidebook I own (out of about 15). However, after three years of heavy use, I have discovered a mistake or two (routes listed as 5.8 in one place and 5.8+ elsewhere, that kind of thing). I'm looking forward to seeing the new one!

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm about to head up the West Ridge, where I will use the old one. I'd try to get some photos for you, but I doubt you'd be much impressed by my grovelling style.

By craigw
Jul 16, 2012
Hey Steve-
Your current eldo guidebook is awesome! One small complaint I have is the quality of the binding. After using it lightly for a couple of years, it's starting to fall apart. Have you and sharp end ever considered beefing up the binding? I think it would be well worth it-
Thanks-
Craig

By Nate C
From Madison, WI
Jul 16, 2012
Longs Peak looming
Hey Steve, I'll be sure to bring my camera next Tuesday if you want to request any specific action shots! Can't wait!

Nate

By kiff
Jul 26, 2012
The first edition is by far and away the best guidebook I've ever used, anywhere. Can't wait for the new one.

By Tony T.
From Denver, CO
Jul 29, 2012
Getting up the Great Dihedral on Hallet Peak, RMNP...
Sheesh! What a perfectionist!

Steve, your guidebook is second to none. It is not only a helpful tool for finding routes, it is an honestly engaging read! The guest articles and historical accounts are fantastic and a welcome addition to climbing guidebook formats.

I'll sift through my photos, but we aren't climbing anything cutting edge or hard.

By SeanC
From Boulder, CO
Sep 6, 2012
Top of the First
Hi Steve,

Thanks!

By Steve Levin
From Boulder, CO
Sep 6, 2012
Guiding in RMNP
SeanC wrote:
Hi Steve, Any update on a date for the next publishing? I am trying to stall buying a replacement for my first copy. Thanks!

I don't have a hard date for the 2nd edition. Hopefully soon (this fall).

By Robert Buswold
From Longmont, CO
Sep 9, 2012
Clear Creek Canyon, Capitalist Crag
Looking forward to the new guide... I need to replace my crappy ass Falcon Guide. :)

By Joshua Steenburgh
From Longmont, Colorado
Oct 7, 2012
Chocolate Corner.
Any news of a release date? Really looking forward to this book. I'LL PAY WHATEVER YOU WANT!

By SeanC
From Boulder, CO
Feb 15, 2013
Top of the First
I just saw the Sharp End said the second edition went to the printer yesterday.