Bouldering in Sun Valley and Stanely

By Nic Lazzareschi
Jul 17, 2012
Fun times.

Anyone know about any guides or maps for bouldering in these areas? I'm just visiting for a few days and want to get some climbing in.

By BackCountry
From West Point, UT
Jul 17, 2012
Whaaaat?

I've also looked and found nothing. You might get some information out of the folks at this website. There are a couple videos and some photos, so I know there are boulders to be found.

climbidaho.com/?p=1419

climbidaho.com/?p=2595

You're probably better off on a solo seek and destroy mission.

By Nathan Smith
From Salt Lake City
Jul 17, 2012

Idaho Underground - A Climber's Guide to the best climbs and boulders of Southern Idaho by Dave Bingham. Just came out last week.

By Nic Lazzareschi
Jul 17, 2012
Fun times.

Thanks for this info!

By BackCountry
From West Point, UT
Jul 17, 2012
Whaaaat?

Nathan Smith wrote:

Really? I couldn't find anything online. Where is it available?

By Nic Lazzareschi
Jul 18, 2012
Fun times.

Idaho Underground was available at Elephants Perch but they sold out. I wast there yesterday and they said there were going to get some more. David Bingham, the author, is on Mountain project somewhere, so maybe you could talk to him.

By dave bingham
Jul 19, 2012

Yes, the book is at the Perch, but truthfully does not have a lot of bouldering info for the SV area. The best area - The Channel - is flooded right now, but there is some decent bouldering up Trail creek rd, uphill from the lefthand bend in the road before the roped climbing area.

Prarie Cr. (15 mi. n. of Ketchum) has a fun boulder in the pines 2 miles up from the highway.

There is some ok bouldering at Redfish (ask in the lodge) or up Redfish Canyon at valley of the Giants.

By Nic Lazzareschi
Jul 19, 2012
Fun times.

Thanks Dave! Super helpful. Also they are out of the guide at the Perch.