Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Bouldering in Bishop tomorrow, thurs and fri. Need info

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Jan 14, 2014
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

Been to the hot springs once and want to check it out again tonight when I get in. Can anyone give good directions? I just Remember its north on 395 and something about turning into a church?

if you want to join is in Bouldering and need a spot, we have 2 crash pads with us (party of 3) Plan to climb mostly in the Happies and maybe hop on 7 Spanish angels.

951-543-6149

By JWong
From Los Angeles, California
Jan 14, 2014

You're thinking of Hot Creek. Go up the 395 past Crowley and before the airport, there is a green church on the North side. Turn Right and go down that road a few miles. (paved at first then gravel).

You should see a sign for Hot Creek on the left side.

By T.J. Esposito
From San Diego, CA
Jan 14, 2014
Espresso @ New Jack City

Or the section just outside Keoughs, that's the closest one to Bishop: goo.gl/maps/LeMmy

By T.J. Esposito
From San Diego, CA
Jan 14, 2014
Espresso @ New Jack City

Just saw this, had heard about it but never seen it: www.sierramountaincenter.com/pdfs/hotsprings.pdf

By Sam Harney
From Bishop, CA
Jan 14, 2014

Its all about the hot ditch!! Way closer to bishop and top notch. Go south on 395 for about 8 miles, turn right on keough hot spring rd, after you pass an old paved rd take the next right onto a dirt rd. Follow this for a couple hundred yards and its on the left.
37 15.399', -118 22.370'

For Wild Willys near green church turn off towards the green church just south of the airport. Immediately after you cross the 3rd cattle guard take a right onto the dirt road and follow this for a couple miles. You will park beside a long wooden walkway. Go ahead and take this a few hundred yards to get yourself wet. There are several pools in the area.
37 39.547', -118 46.258'

Wilsons outdoor store in town has a book on all the local springs and excellent staff that would be happy to point you in any direction you desire. ENJOY!

ditchin
ditchin

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Jan 14, 2014
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

Thanks for all the help guys. You people post quick. I totally remember the long wooden walkway. That the one I went to. Thanks again

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Jan 14, 2014
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

Would it be safe to hit up the hot springs at night? Ill be pulling into town soon and want to check them out. Or after climbing tomorrow and/or Thursday

By DoesNotCare
From Heaven
Jan 14, 2014
Are you Chicken, or fishy?

It will be safe, but the water is colder before 8 or 9 because they run the water through a swimming pool. The pool is great though if you like 1950s era structures. Cost there is only $8 and you may even see a pro climber or two soaking.

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Jan 14, 2014
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

There's fees for the hot ditch? I was aiming for the free pools like the one by the church...I've heard of the old school era look pool that cost money. But I would prefer the "local" free spots

By Rob Gordon
From Hollywood, CA
Jan 14, 2014
Tough Mantle Problem.  Haven't sent yet...

The Kenough ones are free, but they are also used by the pool for heat, so sometimes the Kenough hot springs are not very warm at all. The Mammoth hot springs are much warmer and nicer, but they can be crowded and are a bit of a drive. I don't consider the Kenough ones worthwhile.

By T.J. Esposito
From San Diego, CA
Jan 15, 2014
Espresso @ New Jack City

Anyone planning on heading to Owens one or more days? I'm heading up with boulderers Fri-Monday and I while I can get them off the pebbles for a day or two, I'd rather spend more time clipping bolts than shuffling pads!