Boulder County's Most Splitter Handcrack is...?

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jun 5, 2014
And then you throw for a Gaston, like seriously guys. I onsighted the shit out of Levi's Stadium

My vote:

1. Country Club Crack (Castle Rock, Boulder Canyon)
2. Handcracker Direct (West Ridge, Eldo.)
3. Star Wars (Peanuts Wall, Eldo)

I could also be a smart ass and say that judging by the number of Boulderites there, that Incredible Hand Crack at the Creek is the best and most splitter. But I mean the REAL Boulder County not quasi-annexed climbing areas.

By Buff Johnson
Jun 5, 2014
smiley face

or go about 60 miles south of boulder for the cracks....no, wait, yes, go to Indian creek. the cracks are better there

By Dave Holliday
Jun 5, 2014
The one they call The Husky, Natasha Holliday, Esq., enjoying Dog Dayz at Scott Carpenter Pool.

Pervertical Sanctuary

By slim
Jun 5, 2014
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

10 feet long....

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jun 5, 2014

Buff Johnson wrote:

I think that the winner is at the BRC

By Ryan Watts
From Bishop, CA
Jun 5, 2014
Flatirons

The Blueprint Part Dank wrote:

Opened the thread just to say this. Was disappointed :-/

By Xam
From Boulder, Co
Jun 5, 2014

The Blueprint Part Dank wrote:

According to google maps, you are wrong about Pervertical not being in Boulder County.

By Dave Holliday
Jun 5, 2014

The Blueprint Part Dank wrote:
SPlatte is obviously superb, and to the Pervertical Sanctuary recommendation is spot on, but neither are in Boulder County. I think that the winner is at the BRC

Longs Peak is the high point of Boulder County. The Diamond itself is also in the county.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jun 5, 2014

Dave Holliday wrote:

Whoa, not in Larimer? That's pretty cool

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jun 5, 2014

It is still in FEMA region VIII though

But Indian Creek, Vedauwoo and the S Platte are too, so when the NWO takes over it won't really matter I guess.

By slim
Jun 6, 2014
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

i don't really remember a splitter hand crack on pervertical. i remember it being really tight hands through a bulge, then it seemed like it went pretty quickly into that long ass fist crack(?).

in all seriousness though, i can't really think of any great splitter handcracks around boulder. star wars at eldo is good, but easy (and not a splitter). country club is probably the best, although not really strictly hands. there is a nice hand crack up in SSV (hand crack arete at the coliseum) that is quite good.

By Dave Holliday
Jun 6, 2014

slim wrote:
i don't really remember a splitter hand crack on pervertical.

I was being liberal with my definition of splitter. Since The Blueprint mentioned Star Wars in the original post, I'm guessing that routes being sought were ones with a section of "continuous" crack.

By slim
Jun 6, 2014
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

i thought you were being liberal with the term 'hand crack' :)

By Eric Klammer
From Boulder, CO
Jun 6, 2014
Heading up the best pitches of the route. Perfect rock at a nice relaxed angle!

+1 for Handcrack ArÍte outside Lyons. I remember being pleasantly surprised at the length and consistency of that little pitch.

By Drew Spaulding
From Boulder, CO
Jun 7, 2014
Lowering out on the Mescalito... '94

If in fact The Diamond is in BoCo, then the last 2 pitches of Forrest Finish(before Table Ledge) is a winner! Show me another that is better...200+ feet of incredible handjams!

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jun 8, 2014

Absolute generosity accepted for the definitions of "splitter" and "Handcrack"...

Splitter Handcracks at the Creek are like a GMO-filed bag of skittles. Sweet sweet fun and games

I'm more curious about the local cracks until October rolls around. As if it were a bag of spinach from the farmer's market on Canyon..,.

You know, at least until the Rainbow Gathering starts

By VARMENT
From Boulder, Colorado
Jun 9, 2014
base of castelton

what about the 5.10 on the east side of the maiden...I canít recall the name of that route but its pretty splitter for about 30ft