Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Best winter walls in Clear Creek

By Joshua1979
From Colorado Springs, CO
Feb 3, 2013

The beta page on MP lists red slab and dog house as good winter options. Any others in the canyon? Looking for routes in the 10 to 11+ range. Thanks!

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Feb 3, 2013
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

Cat Slab and Highlander are good.

By Alex Styp
From Golden, CO
Feb 3, 2013
profile2

Jon's recommendations plus Wall of 90s, Sport Wall, High wire, Conspiracy Crag...all depend somewhat on time of day. Generally start getting sun as early as 9 lately. If looking for 10s/11s Highlander 90s and Sport are my favs! Been on those last 2 months at least once or twice a week.

By Joshua1979
From Colorado Springs, CO
Feb 3, 2013

perfect, thanks guys!

By Joshua1979
From Colorado Springs, CO
Mar 11, 2013

Did highwire in the morn and chased the sun to wall of 90's in the afternoon. Wall of 90's has some great lines! We went on a weekday and had the place pretty much to ourselves until later in the day.

Was thinking of going back this weekend and checking out highlander and wall of 90's again. How bad does in get on the weekends crowd wise? and do certain crags fare better? I seem to recall canal zone being pretty damn busy when we went on the weekend a year or so ago.

By Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Mar 11, 2013

Joshua1979 wrote:
...How bad does in get on the weekends crowd wise? and do certain crags fare better? I seem to recall canal zone being pretty damn busy when we went on the weekend a year or so ago.

If it's easy it's busy. Highlander would be better (less busy) than highwire for example. I drove past wall of the 90's the other weekend and it was PACKED! Just decide where you want to go and remember at least it's not as crowded as bocan.