Best Projects at Devil's Lake?

By Mr. Mix
From Sauk City, WI
Mar 12, 2013
Zane and me

What are the best undone boulder problems at Devil's Lake? There are many known and probably just as many to be found, but here are five undone projects that stick out in my mind:

1. El Parasal (smooth operator area). Left or right out of this roof is going to be really proud.

2. Crack of Doom (west bluff). Many have tried and gotten close, yet to be finished.

3. Rebel Pride (sandstone). Extremely hard but doable, perfect sandstone, easy approach, good landing.

4. EZ project (reserve). I would have put this higher, I just don't know how doable it is. However, if it goes, it looks like it will be world class.

5. Money Pit (monolith talus). Bad landing, but I just liked the looks of this one. Plus, because it is buried in the talus and shaded it should stay cool as it gets warmer.

What did I forget or has you psyched?

By Tony Brengosz
Mar 13, 2013

The Half Dome project is pretty cool. The project wall at the reserve would be awesome if there were any holds on it.

By Tony Brengosz
Mar 13, 2013

Also, Welcome To The Lake

By Chris treggE
From Madison, WI
Mar 13, 2013
Devil's Doorway "summit"

Crack of Doom seems most do-able of the list to me -- I have not seen Rebel Pride though. I would go up to Crack of Doom again.

By Mr. Mix
From Sauk City, WI
Mar 14, 2013
Zane and me

lol, Welcome to the Lake, I forgot about that one.

By Remo
From Madison, WI
Mar 14, 2013
Out to the slot. <br />Photo: Ben Fellenz

I would add the Smooth Roof Proj(aka The Cheddar-milker). I'm also psyched on the Crack of Doom.

By Rock Warrior Films
Mar 18, 2013

Here are a few fun ones I've tried....
Bald ArÍte - obvious hard arÍte near amazing piller, jug start and a couple really tough moves.
Starfish sit- from the left. Hard transfer into starfish
Ballistic right- tried this yesterday. Short problem but really hard iron cross move
And yeah crack of doom should go down.
There's alot of other fun/cool looking projects too.

By Rock Warrior Films
Mar 18, 2013

Dyno proj right of slope of d would go but is hard and proud.
Bluff party project is hard and might be a good one to hit early season
There's some nice lines near Big Red that should go.
Numerous things near don't f with the bees too.
A lower start to Burmese Python is there but very difficult.
There are a couple other fun looking lines at Burma too that should be brushed up.

By Mr. Mix
From Sauk City, WI
Mar 20, 2013
Zane and me

I forgot about that dyno line next to slope of D! That is going to be a very proud line when it happens (hard)!

By Rick Mix
From Nederland, Colorado
Mar 20, 2013

Good evening, Mr. Mix

By EB
From Winona
Mar 27, 2013

Lake bouder crack at the reserve has thwarted a ton of folks.... Still waiting for an FA.

By Chris treggE
From Madison, WI
Mar 28, 2013
Devil's Doorway "summit"

Half Dome project is no longer a project! Nice work Ian!

By Doug Hemken
Apr 7, 2013
On Everleigh Club Crack.  Photo by Burt Lindquist.

Wow, I'm looking at all the bouldering y'all are posting up ... it's gonna be a banner year!

By Mr. Mix
From Sauk City, WI
Apr 8, 2013
Zane and me

Another addition to this list should be the Office Project in the talus on the east side of the lake. I took Ian here yesterday and it is still a project. He felt like it was doable but in the 12+ range. The landing is very unique being on top of another 12 foot boulder, but although heady it is probably relatively safe.