Your todo list:
Your rating: -none-
Your ticklist: [add new tick]
Your opinion of this PAGE: [0 people like this page.]
Starting the raps, late afternoon.
1. Diagonal right past 4 bolts, then up and slightly left, passing original 2-bolt belay to a small ledge with 2-bolts. (5.9 , 160)
2. Easy climbing wanders basically straight up past a bolt then a Ό rivet to a large rock on a ledge and 3 bolts. (165)
3. A hidden stopper placement protects the first bulge move to easier climbing. Up past a bolt to the huge ledge and a 2-bolt belay about 30 left of main corner. (5.6+, 160)
4. Walk right a bit until you can access a diagonalling series of scoops that lead up right past 2 bolts to a crack. Up crack then diagonal left to a 2-bolt belay. (5.7, 135')
5. Up and right along ledge systems to a small bulge with pro, about 20 left of the corner. Turn bulge and climb up steep rock past bolt to another large ledge with 2-bolt belay. (5.8, 140)
4th or easy 5th class to summit. Rap the route.
On the far right side of Table Dome is a huge left-facing corner about 2/3 of the way up the rock that is the end of First Come , First Served. Beggars last 2 pitches finish up about 30 to the left. Start right out of the streambed on a section of smoothe gray rock about 100 before the right side of the dome.
Rap the route with double-ropes.
Minimal "backcountry rack"
BETA PHOTO: Lee leading p. 4
Very nice slippery slab on pitch 1
From this view, "Beggar's" basically follows the r...
BETA PHOTO: Joe at the crux of p.5
BETA PHOTO: Lee following p. 3
By dale polen
From: arivaca, az
Jan 11, 2012
I have done this route a couple of times. I find it to be great rock with great moderate climbing. Not for the meek of heart. I highly recommend this to anyone. Great job guys on putting it up for us.