Bee Rock (Lookout Mtn)

By Tyler Davis
Mar 16, 2014

Anybody have ANY info or guides on Bee Rock? I know its all private property now, but I'd love to see what it had to offer

By Blake Cash
Mar 16, 2014

It's closed.

By Ryan J
From chattanooga tn
Mar 18, 2014

Delete this topic please

By Whipper
From Douglasville, GA
Mar 18, 2014

As always, it's closed for some people and open for others. Depends on if you're in the "in crowd" or not, but its been that way for years. It's the "in crowd" that changes.

By TKHouse
Mar 19, 2014

What bizarre responses to a request for information. Unless there's some more history here about the OP I'm unaware of... these seem a bit unwarranted? Maybe I'm missing something.

Certainly Bee Rock is closed. If the landowners have requested information about the area not be disseminated online, that seems very reasonable. If the SCC or other groups have requested information not be posted about it online, that's perfectly reasonable. But if that's the case, letting the OP and others know about that might be a better message.

The SCC has some information about it on their cliff closures section: www.seclimbers.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=>>> .

They talk about it like it was a cool place. I won't say I'm sad I never climbed there, 'cause there's plenty of great climbs to be done in TN/NC/AL... I'll be happily doing those instead!

By Paul Barnes
From Gainesville, Georgia
Mar 19, 2014

God I miss the eighties.

By Br'er Rabbit
From The Deeper South
Mar 19, 2014
'Bred en bawn in a brier-patch, Brer Fox--bred en bawn in a brier-patch!'

Stay armed.
Stay safe.

Camo helps too.

By saxfiend
From Decatur, GA
Mar 19, 2014
Relaxing at the P1 belay of Fruit Loops at Rumbling Bald.

Paul Barnes wrote:
Climbing on the east side of Lookout Mountain requires different tactics than climbing on the west side. From the intersection of Hwy 2A & Ga 193 in Chattanooga Valley...look up (wow), pick a section of killer cliff, find your way in, go do what you do, find your way out, and for God's sake don't bust your ass cause no one will find you. Bonus points if you get shot at on the powerline to Patten Bluff. Extra bonus points if your psycho climbing partner returns fire. God I miss the eighties.

Funny stuff, Paul!