Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Bat Cave Area
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By bking7
Jan 21, 2013
Not to distract from the general debate, but I would like to put forth the following as possible route names/renames at the bat-cave and other locations like it
Glunicorn
Into the Wild Glue Yonder
Cordon Glu
GlueBerries
All outa Goo
Glue Whale
Fonte Glu
Timy Sings the Glues
End of the Gluniverse

These are a few, and the work of better minds than mine

FLAG
By frankstoneline
Jan 21, 2013
bking7 wrote:
Not to distract from the general debate, but I would like to put forth the following as possible route names/renames at the bat-cave and other locations like it Glunicorn Into the Wild Glue Yonder Cordon Glu GlueBerries All outa Goo Glue Whale Fonte Glu Timy Sings the Glues End of the Gluniverse These are a few, and the work of better minds than mine


Bullet the glue sky
glue suede shoes
glues brothers 2000
gluetius maximus
glue-balls


...i like this game.

edit: what about "hitchhikers guide to the glueniverse"?

FLAG
By Tim McCabe
Jan 21, 2013
To the tune of Only Fairies Wear Boot's by Black Sabbath, Only Fairies Glu Routes.



FLAG
By Senior Hernandez
Jan 21, 2013
on the trip
It's pretty awesome that the last five posters are all beginners who will never be able to climb in the cave anyway, funny stuff guys.


I wonder why he ignores you and continues doing what he does? You have such an informed consensus, one where terraces are on the same level as a climb manufactured out of glue. Priceless.


It's OK guys, you have a man crush on your anti hero, I get it. Can you PM him instead of making NM look like a bunch of idiots? That would be great.

I would be all for a conversation if someone actually wanted to discuss the merits of crag development sans personal attacks, but this thread seems to be dominated by the 5.10 crusher right now, and that conversation is not worth having.

FLAG
By nick manning
From superior,az
Jan 21, 2013
so because you only climb at a certain grade you can't have an opinion on gluing and chipping?

FLAG
By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Jan 21, 2013
A grey fox skull wedged in a crack 100' up on a FA...
Tonto wrote:
Can you PM him instead of making NM look like a bunch of idiots?


Too late, Timy and his buckets of glue, speaker hangers and trash heap already took care of that for you.

FLAG
By nick manning
From superior,az
Jan 21, 2013
timyfairfield.com/Contact

FLAG
By frankstoneline
Jan 21, 2013
Tonto wrote:
It's pretty awesome that the last five posters are all beginners who will never be able to climb in the cave anyway, funny stuff guys. I wonder why he ignores you and continues doing what he does? You have such an informed consensus, one where terraces are on the same level as a climb manufactured out of glue. Priceless. It's OK guys, you have a man crush on your anti hero, I get it. Can you PM him instead of making NM look like a bunch of idiots? That would be great. I would be all for a conversation if someone actually wanted to discuss the merits of crag development sans personal attacks, but this thread seems to be dominated by the 5.10 crusher right now, and that conversation is not worth having.


Thank god we have this 5.12 smashing he-man behemoth to put us in our places...
Ability to climb a grade isn't prerequisite to having an opinion on ethics.

FLAG
 
By Senior Hernandez
Jan 21, 2013
on the trip
frankstoneline wrote:
Thank god we have this 5.12 smashing he-man behemoth to put us in our places... Ability to climb a grade isn't prerequisite to having an opinion on ethics.



My dog has an equally informed opinion. That is why we have such eloquent conversations.

Even if your hyperbolic whining isn't helping the conversation, I am sure it makes you feel better.

FLAG
By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Jan 21, 2013
Toofast
Tonto wrote:
My dog has an equally informed opinion. That is why we have such eloquent conversations. Even if your hyperbolic whining isn't helping the conversation, I am sure it makes you feel better.


Are you insinuating that people who don't climb 11s or 12s are as uninformed as a dog?

FLAG
By john strand
From southern colo
Jan 21, 2013
I guess i'm not a "local" , I live 45 minutes away. This shit has been happening with sport areas since the '80's- it was wrong then and it's wrong now. it's called litter.. i have no problem removing this junk...
There's no other rock in the Rio Grande Gorge ??

FLAG
By nick manning
From superior,az
Jan 21, 2013
maybe we should all go to timy's magic cave and bring the climbs down to our level...I can install a cabinet handle ladder and it should be ok with all involved.

FLAG
By thomas ellis
From abq
Jan 21, 2013
Mint jullop
Went this weekend. The funny thing was how tiny and uninteresting the "cave" feature was. I would call it "neat" used in the same voice my mom used in response to my first attempt at a mustache.
Lots of glue......grid bolted with fixed chain draws and a dirty dusty floor. Timy I am sorry. Sorry you spent four years of your life in there.
What a waste of time.

FLAG
By twattishness
Jan 21, 2013


This is for all the 5.10 crushers who cant climb anything at the BAT CAVE. 92 Bitch.
Would a 5.10 crusher explain why they care so much about routes they cant climb again? If you cant even pull yourself onto the glue routes at the bat cave. Why would you waist your time to go there? It baffle's me why someone who cant climb there would waist there time bitching about it and even going out of there way to clean the place up. Its kind of like making out with your buddy's fat girlfriend after she gives him a blowjob.

FLAG
By thomas ellis
From abq
Jan 21, 2013
Mint jullop
I think it was Timy who couldn't climb anything in the "cave". Hence all the glue ons...

FLAG
By twattishness
Jan 21, 2013
thomas ellis wrote:
I think it was Timy who couldn't climb anything in the "cave". Hence all the glue ons...


He should have left it all natural so the 5.10 crushers could dominate the place, hu? I think you could be onto some thing.

FLAG
 
By thomas ellis
From abq
Jan 21, 2013
Mint jullop
I think he should of left it for 5.14+ climbers.

FLAG
By twattishness
Jan 21, 2013
thomas ellis wrote:
I think he should of left it for 5.14+ climbers.


That's funny, Its ok for 5.14+ climbers to chisel choss hu? classic.

So what your thinking is that place should have been bolted ground up on hooks, and then all you would need is a toothbrush to clean of the holds? Your fuckin stupid.

Dude if Shama would have new about it before Timy, it would have been a destination for sure, It would have been stacked with all natural 5.14 and up test pieces. That rock is of the highest quality. its a shame

FLAG
By frankstoneline
Jan 21, 2013
epic onsight-11c wrote:
This is for all the 5.10 crushers who cant climb anything at the BAT CAVE. 92 Bitch. Would a 5.10 crusher explain why they care so much about routes they cant climb again? If you cant even pull yourself onto the glue routes at the bat cave. Why would you waist your time to go there? It baffle's me why someone who cant climb there would waist there time bitching about it and even going out of there way to clean the place up. Its kind of like making out with your buddy's fat girlfriend after she gives him a blowjob.


In my eyes it matters predominately from the standpoint of the reputation it gives climbers as a user group. If this is what we are known for it's less and less likely we'll be tolerated on public lands.
This is like asking why someone is upset because their sister got raped. "I mean, it's not like you were gunna shag her man"

FLAG
By thomas ellis
From abq
Jan 21, 2013
Mint jullop
11c,
Why so angry and defensive? And supposing between the lines.

Frank stone.......+1

FLAG
By M Sprague
Administrator
From New England
Jan 21, 2013
Lichen head. Me, with my usual weatherbeaten, lich...
Joe may have had his head in the 5 gal. pail too long. Please forgive him. It may explain the trouble he is having with basic spelling, grammar and ability to understand why somebody would care about a crag being made to look like the inside of a derelict's trailer or how the chip and glue fest is way beyond what most of us sport climb developers think is acceptable. It doesn't take a rabid anti- reinforcement, comfortizing choss peeler to see this is way overboard.

FLAG
By Jeremy Riesberg
From Boulder, CO
Jan 22, 2013
Palisaid, SD.
It doesn't matter that I'll never travel to a crave that looks like trash now, it's the fact that these actions make the community look bad. It literally can be one guy who ruins things for everyone else.

FLAG
By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Jan 22, 2013
A grey fox skull wedged in a crack 100' up on a FA...
epic onsight-11c wrote:
Would a 5.10 crusher explain why they care so much about routes they cant climb again? If you cant even pull yourself onto the glue routes at the bat cave. Why would you waist your time to go there? It baffle's me why someone who cant climb there would waist there time bitching about it and even going out of there way to clean the place up.


epic troll boy calling c.roth a 5.10 crusher: epic fail.

FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Jan 22, 2013
Topo - Cliffs in Green
Slab - hey man... long time. Wow ya that's fu*ck... I was referring to the 5 gallons of bucket and the hold sculpting with glue with my comment about the Northeast. It honestly doesn't surprise me one bit though that that vandalism/chipping is happening at the Gunks. Actually, that's exactly where I'd expect it... slash their tires if you see them in the lots (edit: j/k).

I would suspect you know who's doing it... why don't u guys step in and bang some heads and report them to the preserve where applicable? Unfort seems like the private land owner who you confronted doesn't care in which case there's not much to do except call this asshole out publicly. A vandalism arrest by the preserve would probable send a signal to any younger folks but I would suspect the issue is an older person who might be hard to get proof. If you think hunting cameras would help I can get them on prodeals and would be glad to get a few for you guys if you wanted to purchase some. Aight well peace... and I got some hard and big projs for you too so if ur interested hit me up.

Peace,

Mo

FLAG
 
By M Sprague
Administrator
From New England
Jan 22, 2013
Lichen head. Me, with my usual weatherbeaten, lich...
I'm thinking that was meant to be a private that somehow turned into a post.

That guy in the tough guy picture actually looks kind of scary. He looks like a psycho who strangles boulderers and keeps their bodies in the basement

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>