Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New - School of Rock
Bald Rock is a peak/rock outcropping in the Danbury, CT area. The peak and adjacent basin to the north are loaded with large gneiss boulders and outcroppings. The bedrock on the property is composed of Brookfield Diorite Gneiss, Walloomsmac Schist, and Stockbridge Marble. All of the climbing is on the gniess which is infused with feldspar mega-crystals and contains schist and marble intrusions. The property is public land with legal access and parking. It also happens to be the largest legal bouldering area in the state.
1. Pull straight in to park AND park closely to others to maximize space
2. DO NOT PARK ON THE ROAD!
3. Do NOT blast your radio on this road or parking lot
4. Drive slowly there are kids in the neighborhood
5. Be respectful and courteous of neighbors
6. Please wave and smile at the police when they drive by patrolling
7. Remember to be safe and have lots of fun... and join the Redding Land Trust and help support this great climbing area.
Due to overwhelming response parking issues recently, I have temporarily removed the direction to Bald Rock.
193 Total Routes
Browse More Classics in Bald Rock Basin
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for Bald Rock Basin:
Featured Route For Bald Rock Basin
Return Of The B-Boy V5 6C CT : CT Bouldering : ... : King Boulder
Sit start on the obvious flake on the arete. Work your way left across the arete, heel hooking, slapping, crimping, and laybacking all the way to the great hold on the corner. Mantle up and right at the corner. Great climb on perfect holds. ...[more] Browse More Classics in CT
Latest Regional Forum Messages
From Eastern States Go to Forum | What's New | Post New Topic