Backcountry skiers with dogs>>>>

By dmurph
From Ouray, CO
Dec 17, 2012

I love seeing dogs when I'm touring around the mountains. After this weekend, however, my thoughts changed. Pick up your dog's shit! No one wants to cruise around in new snow and come across a steaming pile of dog shit! If you can take the time to bring your dog out there and have the responsibility to own a pet, then clean up after it!

By Cor
black nasty

How do you know that wasn't a person that left you a snack?

By Cory
From Boise, ID
Relaxing in the Tuttle Creek Campground after a fun day in the Hills

After you bag it, you don't even have to be the one to carry the poop out. If you make your dog wear a pack, he can carry his own poop :)

Me and the pup were out hunting for powder yesterday, in fact . . .

Powder Hound
Powder Hound

By danulu

Snow Dog
Snow Dog

By Highlander
From Ouray, CO
Dec 17, 2012

The only thing worse than seeing dog shit on the trail is seeing dog shit in a plastic bag that the dog owner forgot to pick up on the way out.

If your going to bring your avy poodle skiing pack out it's shit.

By TWK
Dec 17, 2012

I feel your pain. I became furious the last time I went backcountry skiing.

Rabbit turds, deer crap, coyote shit, even elk turds EVERYWHERE!
At least the damn bears have the decency to hibernate and recycle their waste.

I'm gonna write my senator and representative!

By Cor
black nasty

What a bunch of crying men...

how much i care.
how much i care.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dec 17, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Your backcountry ski areas are great!

By dmurph
From Ouray, CO
Dec 17, 2012

I know most of you from the Front Range will have something witty to say about this. But down here, we are trying in everyway to not have the western slope look like that clusterfuck you have up there. This is just one of those ways;)

Also, TWK, you sound like an idiot comparing it to wildlife scat. If you've come across this, then you know what I''m talking about.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

There's nothing sexy about elk turds!

Friggin Elk Turds!

We give them signs to cross the road, and they simply can't even do that right. We should start charging elk. Jaywalking turding elk herds

By J Q
Me again!

dmurph wrote:

Who doesn't want another 7,000 years?

Even the dogs want another 7,000 years
Long live the poopsicle.

By TWK

Jonhy Q wrote:
Yea, you too. Get to it. I hear dying holes are in fashion, and they are clearly the only way to reduce the major waste, which is everything humans do. Maybe the solution is more dog poop, not less. If we can get more dog poop to pop the creator who I shall name "poopsicle" will bestow us with another 7,000 years. Who doesn't want another 7,000 years? Even the dogs want another 7,000 years Long live the poopsicle.

Does anybody else not understand this at all?

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
At the BRC

TWK wrote:
Does anybody else not understand this at all?

Dog owners don't think their dog's shit stinks.

Not just a Front Range attitude I'm afraid.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dec 17, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

I sympathize, actually. I can't stand all of the dog turds in the snow either, or humans that piss along the side of the trail and don't have the common courtesy to toss a little fresh snow over their yellow drill holes. Yecccch. I do. You'd never know where I peed when I'm up at Brainturd Lake. Also love large dogs trying to jump on me as I ski down Lefthand Reservoir road.

Hey, waitaminute! This is another dog thread like the ones about dogs at the crags. Crap. Sucked in again. Now I have dog hair all over me.

By TWK

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Dog owners don't think their dog's shit stinks. Not just a Front Range attitude I'm afraid.

Maybe, maybe not, but I'm still trying to figure out what JohnyQ was talking about.

By Owen Darrow
From Garmisch,
Dec 23, 2012
Nice view

Powder hounds
Powder hounds

And I picked up two steamers while on the skin track up...no problem!

By clay meier
Dec 23, 2012
Thats Me

I only let my dog shit in eldo

By Kevinmurray
Dec 29, 2012

I do'nt like dog's on ski tracks or back country at all. Leave them at home.Don't like them at climbing areas either.I tolerate my daughters dog.

By TWK
Dec 30, 2012

Kevinmurray wrote:

Who cares?

I like seeing dogs in the snow. So there.

By Pitty
From Marbach
Dec 30, 2012
My cool Elly....

I like more the dog's poo than the skiers poo.........

By docsavage
From Albuquerque, NM
Dec 31, 2012
Looking down the first crux pitch, Ellingwood Ledges, 2002 - Jay Evans photo.

Forget the poo, I'm just happy when they don't leap at my throat ...

By ze_dirtbag

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Dec 31, 2012
At the BRC

cruxslayer wrote:
my pit bull really likes the snow....but he can't quite get the hang of skiing

Now that I think about it, it would have to be a split board.
And a gopro.

By Bob Dobalina
Jan 2, 2013

Rocky LOVES fresh powder!
Rocky LOVES fresh powder!