Are you climbing in THAILAND this winter? We need your help!

By John Byrnes
From Fort Collins, CO
Nov 29, 2012

The bolts are destined for the California coast and Cayman Brac.

A titanium glue in bolt
A titanium glue in bolt

For more information see

thaitaniumproject.com
www.climbcaymanbrac.com/please-support-brac-climbing/
safeclimbing.org

By clay meier
Nov 29, 2012
Thats Me

By John Byrnes
From Fort Collins, CO
Nov 30, 2012
clay meier wrote:
Hey just out of curiosity isn't there a big rebolting effort going on in Thailand? I would think you would need help getting the bolts going the other direction... The titanium project is awesome and Thank YOU! If I were going to be in Thailand I would def help out

Yes, this is the third year in a row that the Thaitanium Project is doing extensive rebolting. The bolts we're bringing to the States are only about 10% of the total number of bolts being delivered.

By Mike
From Phoenix
Nov 30, 2012
Doing the jump-across off The Mace.  I never get tired of this climb.  Photo by Wednesday Hugus.
I can bring some back. I will be there from dec 26th thru jan 24th, & will be flying back into Phoenix, so shipping will be cheap. Or in stead of shipping from here I will be in Joshua Tree in the Spring, and maybe someone could meet me there? Let me know.

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
Nov 30, 2012
The Shield
The complete and total reversal of this situation made me moby my coffee.

If I can get there, I can bring some. Will talk to Mr. Joshua.

By 20 kN
From Hawaii
Dec 1, 2012
John Byrnes wrote:
New titanium bolts from the manufacturer are being delivered to Railay, Thailand, in early December. We need to get 220 of them back to the U.S. and shipping is very expensive. We are hoping other climbers will help us out by bringing them home in their baggage. There is NOTHING ILLEGAL about this and no one is profiting.   The bolts are destined for the California coast and Cayman Brac. The bolts are clean and dry.  You can bring back whatever amount you're comfortable with. For reference, 40 bolts only weigh 7 pounds (3.2kg) and are about the same size as 10 quickdraws.   So if you are climbing at Railay in December, January or February, returning either to Denver or the Bay Area, and would be willing to do a good deed for our sport, please contact me.   For more information see thaitaniumproject.com www.climbcaymanbrac.com/please-support-brac-climbing/ www.safeclimbing.org

We bought 150 of those for use in Hawaii, they are reasonable, although I strongly wish they were threaded instead.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Dec 1, 2012
El Chorro
Wish i could help out in some way but I'm afraid I'm not back in Thailand for quite a while! Good luck!