Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New - School of Rock
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Are there any videos of full ascent/descents?
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
By Rich zz
From california
Nov 28, 2012

I'm looking for something that shows something that shows the whole process of sports/trad climbing to get a good picture of the flow of things, management of rope, protection, etc, from start to finish.


FLAG
By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Nov 28, 2012
Colonel Mustard

I feel like this thread will go rough on you. Why not get out there and try it out? Hire a guide or something. Or is there some other reason, like showing your alien overlords what this climbing on Earth is?


FLAG
By Rich zz
From california
Nov 28, 2012

Colonel Mustard wrote:
I feel like this thread will go rough on you. Why not get out there and try it out? Hire a guide or something. Or is there some other reason, like showing your alien overlords what this climbing on Earth is?



well then you guys are jerks. i can't because i'm on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean, literally.


FLAG
By VerticalUrge
Nov 28, 2012

mountainproject.com/v/post-awesome-trad-movies-here/10746677>>>


FLAG
By atlclimbingdoc
From Boise, ID
Nov 28, 2012

This DVD is a little silly, but it has all the basics of sport climbing

SPORT CLIMBING 101 W/ CHRIS LINDNER DVD


FLAG
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Nov 28, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Rich zz wrote:
well then you guys are jerks. i can't because i'm on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean, literally.


It was just one guy. And it was kind of funny. Sorry you're stranded Gilligan.


FLAG
By Jason Halladay
Administrator
From Los Alamos, NM
Nov 28, 2012
Climbing at the Belvedere crag near Nago with a great view of the northern end of Lake Garda and the town of Torbole sul Garda below. June 2013.



Referenced in this MP thread.


FLAG
By Glass Tupperware
From that stuff out East
Nov 28, 2012
Summitting Independence Monument

Hey, I took a pretty similar approach to what you're doing when I got into trad. I'd recommend just buying a rack and getting out there (after reading as much as you can on it). There's a short section in this vid about going bottom up.


FLAG
By Rich zz
From california
Nov 28, 2012

thanks a lot folks. i'll take a look at these and i hope they give some good broad insight to others.


FLAG
By Ryan Williams
Administrator
From London (sort of)
Nov 28, 2012
El Chorro

Here is a really boring but kind of funny video of me following a pitch and then leading one. It's a little dizzying and kind of long, but it's from start to finish. I'd upload a better one but it takes way too long. My buddy put this one up.


youtu.be/BT34xclxyns


FLAG
By saint_john
Nov 29, 2012

This DVD is a little silly, but it has all the basics of sport climbing SPORT CLIMBING 101 W/ CHRIS LINDNER DVD

>

Sport Climbing 101 is a tad corny, but it has a lot of really good info. Plus, it's available on Netflix.


FLAG
By Josh.Wood
From New York City
Nov 29, 2012

>

Best climbing vid ever.


FLAG
By Rich zz
From california
Nov 29, 2012

Joshw97 wrote:
Best climbing vid ever.

ah i'm learning too much


FLAG
By The Maverick
Nov 30, 2012

Thanks to all of you who posted helpful hints for Rich zz. I, too, am a beginner climber. The only difference is I can get out there and climb and have been doing so. When gyms are closed and the weather is to foul, these videos can be useful.

I am an avid whitewater kayaker and watch kayak videos endlessly.

Rich zz, not everyone here is a jerk. Please don't think that. This forum needs to stay drama free. I deal with that at work. Lol!

Happy climbs to all!


FLAG
By Rich zz
From california
Nov 30, 2012

Ericka Heath wrote:
Thanks to all of you who posted helpful hints for Rich zz. I, too, am a beginner climber. The only difference is I can get out there and climb and have been doing so. When gyms are closed and the weather is to foul, these videos can be useful. I am an avid whitewater kayaker and watch kayak videos endlessly. Rich zz, not everyone here is a jerk. Please don't think that. This forum needs to stay drama free. I deal with that at work. Lol! Happy climbs to all!


oh i was just half joking about being a jerk, but yeah. it sucks that i'm stuck for another months, otherwise i'd be out there too doing it instead of asking.


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.