Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Archangel
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 9 of 9.  <<First   <Prev   7  8  9
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
By JLP
From The Internet
Aug 21, 2013

FACT: This thing is done. If Chris removes the bolts for his own personal reasons - the community has spoken and the route will be rebolted quickly thereafter. I'm figuring at least 6 guys with drills show up at the base the morning after any removal gets announced here, all fighting over who will get to rebolt it and spew some long diatribe on MP.com


FLAG
By nicelegs
From Denver
Aug 21, 2013

Count me in!! The Bosch has felt neglected this year.


FLAG
By David Sahalie
From on the road again
Aug 22, 2013

Just don't piss off the most Interesting Climber: Sir Long.

John long doesn't always post, but when he does it is like a misplaced drunken anti-Semite Mel Gibson rant.

Stay bolt-thirsty my friends.


FLAG
By David Barbour
From Charlotte, NC
Aug 22, 2013

David Sahalie wrote:
John long doesn't always post, but when he does it is like a misplaced drunken anti-Semite Mel Gibson rant.


fits right in on MP!


FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Aug 22, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.

J. Albers wrote:
...but your questions can only be taken so far before the discussion becomes purely an exercise in philosophical debate. My guess is that if I was talking to you in person though, the smirk on your face would communicate the wryness of your inquiries in a way that is not communicated via a forum post, yes?

Thanks for engaging in that exercise - you got my points right, but not so much my attitude.
For me, no smirk at all. More of a palms-upward shrug.
My point is that there is no clear answer here, an especially made point for those that feel that the answer is so clear.

This is why we have, and always will have bolt wars.

Because it's a just a matter of religion here. Seriously...
We've got our preachers, some practically televangelists, our sacred texts, our rites and rituals, our icons and idols... and our views/beliefs that are articles of faith but actually have no history or provable facts behind them.

And so you've got to ask yourself sometimes what the fight is about?

The declaration of war was just made a few posts ago - as I expected, that "If Chris removes the bolts for his own personal reasons - the community has spoken and the route will be rebolted quickly thereafter." And if rebolted, will it be re-chopped?

Sigh...

And no, I'm not a "just leave it once it is there" guy because that most certainly promises that the same side always wins, much like settlements in the West Bank... so why would they stop building them. It's like we live in the Middle F%$#ing East as climbers. Or N. Ireland - where they all believe 95% the same thing and were killing each other over the remaining 5% for decades.

I think Chris realized that he got into territory that was a little less certain than he thought he was getting into, and that by not contacting the guy and making presumptions, he stepped into an arena unintended... and that his new route was the fruit of the poison tree in that case. He doesn't try to rile people.

Too bad not everyone shares that value - but, there are hawks and doves in each population, right?


FLAG
By g.miller
Aug 22, 2013

Rossiters Boulder Canyon book says "Thom Byrne FA 1988, First pitch and anchors added by Richard Rossiter and Thom Byrne 1997"..... Seems weird that you'd put a couple bolts and an anchor past where you actually climbed on the FA.... i asked Bob Horan about the route, long before any of this came up because i was interested in checking it out. He told me that he had tried freeing it in the '90s but never could do it clean.

If i had to take a wild guest, maybe RR and TB placed those bolts at end of traverse and anchor, to setup Fallen From Grace "12D project"...


FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Aug 22, 2013
Stoked...

rging wrote:
When Alex Honnold starts free soloing first ascents all over the country then we are all screwed.


WELCOME TO CT.... The guy's name was KEN "immadouche" NICHOLS.


FLAG
By rging
From Salt Lake City, Ut
Aug 22, 2013
CoR

Only in the climbing world is there so much aggression over a passive device.


FLAG
By David Sahalie
From on the road again
Sep 23, 2013

Any updates? Still bolted or did the fat trad dads win from their armchairs?


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 9 of 9.  <<First   <Prev   7  8  9