Anyone want to teach a noobie trad at mt diablo this december?

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 9, 2012
i have a limited window where i'm free to do anything i want and i want to learn how to do trad climbing. would anyone want to meet up at mt diablo? i have everything except rope. beers on me.

By tsuji
From Boulder, CO
Nov 9, 2012
On Peak 11,300 in the Ruth
Hey Rich, I'm pretty busy this December but if I have a free day I wouldn't mind getting out.

By whammyjammr
From Pacifica, CA
Nov 12, 2012
bear creek spire
trad climbing at mt diablo? ouch. you'd be better off learning on the crack between your fridge and kitchen cabinet. that rock is not so bueno and not a lot in the way of cracks anyhow. just go to consumnes or tahoe, much better places to learn trad. best of luck, and don't forget to take your time and learn well. the skills you need don't come quickly or easily.

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 12, 2012
whammyjammr wrote:

i've come to realize this. someone offered to help out at castle rock.

By milesholland
Nov 12, 2012
I would be down to trad climb around the bay area in december. I get home december 11 and should be around until the 27th. Shoot me a text at 9258766992

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 13, 2012
milesholland wrote:

ah cool. basically the same dates for me.