Anyone up to teach a noob ice climbing?

By Rich zz
From california
Oct 6, 2012

Hey all. I'm from california, but I'd love to learn some ice climbing this december. Anyone willing to help a noobie out? I'll bring the beer.

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Oct 7, 2012

I haven't swung my tools in years so I'm not your guy, but have you picked up some technical ice crampons and compatible boots yet? That's usually the crux of bringing a rookie ice climber out.

By brennahm
Oct 7, 2012

Go to an ice fest (Ouray for example) and sign up for some clinics?

By Buff Johnson

Oct 7, 2012

Marc H wrote:

yup, i've got gear.

By Buff Johnson
Oct 8, 2012
smiley face

I guess touch base later on down the road.
I'm sure something will work out.

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
Oct 8, 2012
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

If you make it up to Bozeman I'd gladly exchange a few days of climbing for beer. Let me know if you're in the area.

By Matt Shepard
From Broomfield, CO
Oct 10, 2012
Longs Peak Cirque

Rich. Im out of shape but an experienced ice climber. It might be a good mix. Im trying to get out a lot this year. I would be interested in taking you out where are you located?

By Rick McL
From Arvada CO
Oct 10, 2012
Long day on the ice.

Enjoy and have an ice day.

Bear Grylls.....Really? How about Alex Honnold. Thats someone to look up to.

By Rich zz
From california
Oct 11, 2012

Matt Shepard wrote:

hey matt, i'm actually in california, but willing to travel pretty much anywhere.

By Rich zz
From california
Oct 11, 2012

Rick McL wrote:
Rich, Check out the Colorado Mountain Clubs Beginner Ice Climbing School and Technical Ice Climbing School. Both courses have a class taught in Boulder and another in Golden. You can rent your gear at Bent Gate or Neptune and Head up to Vail with some AMGA certified guides that like to teach and will keep you alive even if you try to kill yourself. Enjoy and have an ice day. Bear Grylls.....Really? How about Alex Honnold. Thats someone to look up to.

thanks for the info. plenty of people would freeclimb some non-risky routes, but i don't think any of us would drink a single drop of our own urine. that's true guts right there.

By Rich zz
From california
Oct 11, 2012

Keenan Waeschle wrote:

the bozeman ice fest or just bozeman montana in general?

By willeslinger
From Golden, Colorado
Oct 14, 2012
I was pretty bummed when they didn't greenlight my "Bourne Identity" style reboot of The Eiger Sanction. This was from the rough draft's first act.

Rick McL wrote:
Bear Grylls.....Really? How about Alex Honnold. Thats someone to look up to.

Wait, you mean another profile picture of someone who isn't him?

Says the dude with the bad ass profile picture of (I assume) you rocking some next level chimney shit over your little sister's back before humans evolved the ability to see color. You see, that's a cool profile picture. Creative choice.

Maybe if the Bear Grylls picture was ironic? I mean, this is the post modern era. I hear irony is popular these days.

By Ali Jaffri
From Westminster, CO
Oct 14, 2012
At the village in Hunza Valley, Karakoram, Pakistan

Rich,

Ali

By Rich zz
From california
Oct 20, 2012

Ali Jaffri wrote:
Rich, Im in Broomfield, Colorado. Send me a message in late dec-early jan when the ice gets thick here in the front range and I'll be happy to take you out. Ali

hey ali. thanks for the offer. i'll shoot you a message around then.