Anyone know these climbers? (photo)

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 19, 2013
If anyone recognizes the climbers in this photo can they please contact me. (Montezuma's Tower, GoGs, Colorado Springs).

Thanks
Simon

Climbers on Montezuma's Tower, Colorado Springs.
Climbers on Montezuma's Tower, Colorado Springs.

By Dylan Weldin
From Austin, Texas
Feb 19, 2013
Summit of my first tower, the Rectory via Fine Jad...
Any know why these climbers don't just throw the gri gri in there (or use a munter) to bring up their third?

By csproul
From Davis, CA
Feb 19, 2013
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the backgrou...
Dylan Weldin wrote:

Why do you care? I can't tell exactly what is going on in this photo, but it kind of looks like he is redirecting the belay off his harness through the locking binder. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, unless you're an armchair internet climber. Not everyone likes, owns, or totes a grigri to the top of a climb and I see no advantage to using Munter when you have perfectly good belay device. But even if you used a Munter, which is perfectly safe, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to tell you to do it a different way.

By AThomas
Feb 19, 2013
Nice photo. Props if you're tracking them down to share it with them.

By Brian C.
From Longmont, CO
Feb 19, 2013
On Blanca after traversing from LB
I think I do know who the guy is but am not 100% sure. I'll forward this to him to see.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Feb 19, 2013
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
???

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 20, 2013
AThomas wrote:
Nice photo. Props if you're tracking them down to share it with them.

It was taken by a friend, who is indeed interested in getting a copy to the people. He's a real nice guy.

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 20, 2013
Brian C. wrote:

That'd be great Brian, thanks a lot.

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 20, 2013
Dylan Weldin wrote:

I don't know why, maybe because munters twist the rope horribly, and gri-gris are heavier than knowing how to redirect? :)

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 20, 2013
Stich wrote:
???

Yes Tim, the moon is nice! :)

By Simon
From Colorado Springs
Feb 25, 2013
Brian's friend says it's not him, so the search continues. If anyone knows either climber please let me know.
Thanks