Anyone have the FiveTen Anasazi Arrowheads? Opinions?

By Doug Lintz
From Kearney, NE
Feb 4, 2011
Destroyer of popcorn

Nice looking shoe. Anyone here have anything to say about them?

By Rob Gordon
From Hollywood, CA
Feb 6, 2011
Tough Mantle Problem.  Haven't sent yet...

I just bought them yesterday. They are pretty much the best shoes ever.

By Zach Pickard
From Riverside, California
Apr 19, 2011
Roof romp

They are shoes made for a god. Just lost my pair yesterday and im already whining about having to use my old galileos l. Ill definately be buying a second set

By Dougald MacDonald
Apr 19, 2011

I and other climbers tested them for Climbing's Gear Guide, and we gave them the Editor's Choice award. Really strong combination of edging ability and pulling ability (on steep terrain). I'm still using them and still loving them.

By vanishing spy
Apr 19, 2011

I tried them on but they have the same 5.10 heel problem that most of their shoes have. Their heel is not for everyone's foot. Up front, they are very cambered. I could not stand with my foot flat in them, I had to kinda roll onto my outer foot. Of course, if you're standing on flat ground while wearing 5.10 Arrowheads you're using them wrong.

By rickpat
From Boulder, Co
May 1, 2011
Edge of Time

Got a pair a little while back they are AMAZING! They fit to my foot really well the heal sucks your foot in for ultimate control. Super sticky and can edge on anything.

By Steve M Miller
From Park City, Ut
Aug 5, 2011

I had a pair of Anasazi's for a couple years they were AWESOME ! so good for bouldering, sport climb, and gym had to retire them due to my big toes sticking through the fronts. the heel pocket is great

By Cocoapuffs 1000
Aug 6, 2011

What sizes are you guys using relative to your street shoe? How much do they stretch? Can anyone compare them to the Optimus Primes? The Evolvs fit me great but they wear out quickly so I'm looking for alternatives.

By Helldorado
From Boulder, CO
Aug 6, 2011

They're some of the best shoes that I've ever worn. I have used them bouldering on all types of terrain, they edge and smear ridiculously well on face climbs and slabs, perfect balance of edging stiffness and sensibility. The rubber is very sticky, much more so than La Sportivas' rubber. They are also amazing for roof climbing, because they are slightly downturned and heel hook quite well. I have 10.5 street shoes, and I'm going with 9.5 for these badboys.

Would definitely reccomend these if they fit your foot of course. They are a lot like the La Sportiva narrow+low volume shoes like the katana, but they fit me even better.

By Rob Gordon
From Hollywood, CA
Aug 6, 2011
Tough Mantle Problem.  Haven't sent yet...

Let me compare them to the Optimus Primes. The main difference is they don't suck.

I don't dislike Evolvs... The Pontas seems like a good shoe. But the OPs are weak sauce. I sold mine after a week or two.

The arrowheads seem to stretch a little more than the old Anasazis or at least they get more comfortable... If that makes sense. 1 size down should be about right, but sizing is so individual... I think I went down 1.5.

I would argue they are NOT narrow and low volume... Maybe they work for that, but my feet are fairly wide and they fit great. If you like the Evolv fit, I think you'll like the arrowhead (or any Anasazi) fit. the arrowheads seem to really break in comfortably. The only sizing issue is if you have really flat feet, the downturn might make your foot cramp and you'll have to size up a bit (I feel it in my right foot a little because it's bigger).

The rubber is great and the most durable I've used yet. The other part of the shoe is a little LESS durable, so be careful on toe scums (worth it for the added comfort).