Anyone going to the Keyhole Classic?

By VegasKlinger
Oct 29, 2012

Anyone going to Keyhole for the Classic?

Should be fun for all ages. Climbing, bouldering, and more.

By trundlebum
From Las Vegas NV
Oct 29, 2012
Somewhere in Tuolumne, sometime early 80's

Details ? ? ?

By sonvclimbing
From bolder city
Oct 29, 2012
cowboy over tower

Klinger,

I will definitely be there and hope to see you there!

trundlebum,

Good to see your still around. This weekend all weekend long. This similar to the fleet 51 hobie events but climbing related. I will introduce you to some local rock legends. Hope to see you there.

soNVclimbing

By Cosmiccragsman AKA Dwain
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Nov 2, 2012
BITD

Just talked to Trundlebum.
He want to know if the classic is still going to happen.
If it is, I will be there also.

Dwain/Cosmic

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Nov 3, 2012

I thought they stopped doing the Classic years ago- that still happens? Wish they would publicize it a bit more- at least hang a flyer at the gym or shop or something.

By Cosmiccragsman AKA Dwain
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Nov 3, 2012
BITD

I just got back. About 30 or so climbers there.
They are out there right now, and even camping out
and climbing tomorrow

By trundlebum
From Las Vegas NV
Nov 4, 2012
Somewhere in Tuolumne, sometime early 80's

Yepper
Cosmic, Athena and Micheal went out yesterday.

Good fun, they had the tyrolean/zip line up. They had ropes up all over as well a fun aid/hooking, boulder problem with the aiders and hooks needed for anyone to try.

Climbed with old friends while also meeting some new ones.
Watched a beautiful sunset and headed out leaving the campfires and hospitality for no apparent reason other than lack of planning.

I could be mistaken? I recall being told it is (they are still out there today) the 25th Keyhole Classic.
The first weekend of Nov. each year.

By sonvclimbing
From bolder city
Nov 6, 2012
cowboy over tower

What a perfect year it was. It was good to meet new and see some old faces there. This year was the 24 annual, next year will be the quarter century keyhole classic. Probably the reason for lack of advertising is in many years past we will get a 100 people showing up just to party and thrash the place. It has gotten wildly out of hand some years. This year was different from the last with a lot less people but, a lot more climbing. I like the keyhole classic to be a kid friendly place too and this year it was.