Anchor Gear Left on Bastille Crack, Eldorado Canyon

By All Alpine
From Boulder, CO
Aug 16, 2014
Hey Guys and Gals,

My climbing partner and I left a whopping three Black Diamond C4 camalots at the fourth belay on Bastille Crack at Eldorado Canyon. Yes, we are unwise. Two #1's and a #3, two had matching BD Neutrino niners. We didn't notice until we drove to Boulder Canyon and were racking up at the base of The Dome in Boulder Canyon, upon which we drove back to Eldo to hear that someone had picked them up. If you happen to be the person that reached that mother load of gear, first of all congratulations. Etiquette says finders keepers. Second, if you are willing to help some climbers out (us!), I would love to buy you beer at your favorite brewery until your heart is content in exchange for those sweet sweet cams. I also want to hear about the look on your face when you reached the jackpot at the belay station. I live in Boulder, my name is Ben, and my number is nine five two - two three nine - zero two five five. My climbing partner, Craig, lives north of Denver, either of us would be more that happy to meet you. Let us know if you can help us out! Thank you!

By MojoMonkey
Aug 16, 2014
Here

By All Alpine
From Boulder, CO
Aug 19, 2014

Ben

By Alex Riegelman
From Boulder, CO
Aug 19, 2014
On top of Castleton Tower in Castle Valley, UT
Click the link that MojoMonkey left - it leads to a forum post by another guy who picked up your gear.

By Greg D
From Here
Aug 19, 2014
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W. <br />
^^^ no it doesn't. Read it again. Hint: 12 pack.

By Xam
From Boulder, Co
Aug 19, 2014
Further hint...the partners name is Craig.

I think I can count three layers of miscommunication in this thread.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Aug 19, 2014
Harbaugh sucks
I've always thought the whole "finders keepers" thing is pretty bogus. Obviously, it's pretty lame to leave three cams at a belay by accident. But hell, who among us hasn't made a few stupid mistakes from time to time? It seems to me that common human courtesy would be to return someone else' property to them if you come across it.

I mean, let's say you find an iPhone on a table at Starbucks. Yeah, the person who left it was being kind of an idiot , but at the same time, if you pick up that iPhone, wipe it's memory and start using it as your own, that's considered stealing, point blank end of story. I simply don't understand why a lot of climbers see it differently.

By MojoMonkey
Aug 19, 2014
All Alpine wrote:
Hey MojoMonkey, sent you an email. Did you happen to pick up this gear? If so, let me know, I would love to meet up if you have a minute! Ben

Whoops, I misread. I don't have your gear and didn't realize both posts were looking for it.