Across from the Bihedral aka Cascade crag tyrolean

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Jul 12, 2012
Bocan

Thought I'd post this since it's a popular area. The tree stand frame is busted, so proceed with caution. Not sure how someone could have broken the frame on the opposite side of the rope ladder but who knows.

mountainproject.com/v/107700219

By SanTropez
Jul 12, 2012

Wow, I thought that thing looked pretty burly.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Jul 12, 2012
Bocan

Yeah it's kind of a suspect break. I wouldn't have been standing there and the frame piece is completely broke in half.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Jul 12, 2012
At the BRC

The platform seemed excessive to me. A rope ladder or some discreet rungs placed on the back side of the tree would work and be a lot less blatant.

Not that I didn't use and enjoy the tree house! Just didn't seem needed.

Mark

By Sam M
From Austin, TX
Jul 12, 2012

hmmm.. Mark seems guilty

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Jul 12, 2012
At the BRC

Sam M wrote:
hmmm.. Mark seems guilty

Not that energetic!

That thing was like a fort though. Some scout project?

Maybe they should just build a bridge next time.

Mark

By CJC
Jul 13, 2012

man

boulder canyon is a trip

By Alton R.
From Boulder, Co
Jul 16, 2012
Center Direct, V10. Bishop, Ca.

I never really saw the need for that colassal tree fort. I did the tyrol a few times earlier this year before it was in place and it seemed fine. Easy enough to shimmy down the tree and extra noted ropes.

Plus, even tho its BoCan, that platform is a huge eye sore. I vote to remove it completely.

By Wayne
From Superior, CO
Jul 16, 2012

Alton R. wrote:
...Easy enough to shimmy down the tree and extra noted ropes. ...

I agree, and I found the platform was in the way of getting up those ropes. But, some shorter people I was there with recently REALLY liked the platform for getting on/off the tyrolean, so overall I guess it's nice to have there.

By Erik Pohlman
From Westminster, CO
Jul 16, 2012
Erik on Demise of Mr. Riffraff, near the top.  Photo by Jer Collins.

That thing definitely was no scout project. I thought the platform on top was not super stable, with the logs rolling some when you stepped on them. Somebody forgot their 'frappings.'