about to buy Edelweiss Rocklight

By timmy mcwhipperson
Feb 19, 2013

Is this a good idea? I've searched for reviews on this particular rope and did not find anything. I saw a review on another Edelweiss rope, people said it frayed very fast. Ill be using it for top roping outdoors. Any feedback would be awesome!

By redlude97
Feb 19, 2013

you can buy 2-3 of the rocklights for the price of some ropes. Even if the durability sucks it'll still be cheaper in the end

By timmy mcwhipperson
Feb 19, 2013

I want a decent rope that isn't going to fray apart. I just found some threads on this site about this rope. Nothing too bad I guess. Ill be using it for lead climbing as well and dont want anything funny happening if I have to take a fall

By Woodchuck ATC
Feb 20, 2013
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

They were on sale a week ago on ebay for like 80 bucks/60 M. Edelweiss has always been a leader in rope design and manufacturing for decades...I trust them for sure.

By john strand
From southern colo
Feb 20, 2013

I talked to a couple folks about this cord... it's not a Mammut, but for $80, so what ? it lasts a year and then you have a good tr line

By Chris treggE
From Madison, WI
Feb 20, 2013
Devil's Doorway "summit"

I've had a few Edelweiss ropes over the years. No complaints.

By bearbreeder
Feb 20, 2013

im a big fan of cheap ropes for cragging ...

my last 85$ rope lasted 1000+ pitches climbing full time

my current 100$ rope is going long and strong after 6 months

a $$$$$ rope MAY last a bit longer, but not enough to offset the price ... if youre going to be taking a lot of whippers you may want to spend more on something with a softer catch and stays supple

but as a general workhorse, el cheapo ropes are the way to go ...

course i also have $$$$$ mammuts for long multi and other fun stuff ... but i save those for where it matters