a team of two: climbing bootcamp from Boulder
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

Jul 20, 2013
me

I just attended their session and was very impressed with their gym training program developed to incorporate cardio/strenght training and rock climbing. Focused on endurance. Highly recommended!

By SDY
Jul 20, 2013

You live in Boulder? Fuck. I used to like this town...

By Ryan N
From San Louis Obispo
Jul 20, 2013
RJN

They should incorporate spelling...

Jul 20, 2013
me

They are traveling the States just like we do. I found them doing the promotional session. If you see them advertising locally totally go. I never worked so hard. Perfect for climbers who can't always climb outdoors and find gym getting not as challenging anymore. Solid dudes.

By 20 kN
From Hawaii

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
find gym getting not as challenging anymore.

Seems unlikely considering Movement always has 5.14s or .13ds on the wall. On a side note, Movement is the shit. Best setting in the States.

me

Movement has the mildest settings that I ever climbed in. And that's Colorado and South North Cali...I don't remember East Coast gym routes being mild either. This workshop inspired me to develop a gym routine that me and my boyfriend are going to follow to get the most out of our training. This program is not for beginners since it puts emphasis on being able to climb 3 routes in a row and climb for ten minutes non stop. Gym is a necessary evil why not maximize what you get out of your 2 hrs?!

me

The older and longer you climb the less finger punishment you want....and there are so many of boulderers wanting to develop endurance on routes....it's for them too. Yes it's hard to get a workout in the gym if projecting is not your thing.

Team of two
Team of two

By Arnold Braker
From golden, co

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:

I'm curious what you mean by mildest setting? Do you mean super soft grading or non-finger intensive setting or something else?

And for what it's worth, I've never attended the team of two sessions but everybody I know who has speaks highly of it.

me

Mild as in super grainy plastic, mostly square neutral positioning , gimme sequences, height friendly moves. It's a good gym and they were trying to get everybody's opinion to contest grades and give feedback on routes by posting suggested grade notes. As far as I remember the routes needed to be more imaginative.

me

Yes I went by myself but its only because my boyfriend had to work. He heard me say I was interested in the class and did something very special for me. What have yo all done lately for yer ladies?

By Dana Bartlett
From CT

Ellenore,

Please, don't stop posting. Ever.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
At the BRC

Dana Bartlett wrote:
Ellenore, Please, don't stop posting. Ever.

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Dana I hope your man is good to you..you know how them climbing bums can be girl!

Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off!

:-)

By adamx

Dana Bartlett wrote:
Ellenore, Please, don't stop posting. Ever.

I agree!

What kind of training do they have you doing? Could you post a sample routine?

me

I intend to write my program and post it here as a suggested training routine for critique.

me

Exampe would be 10 min on bike then climb 3 easy/hard/easy non stop then 3 sets of pullups/abs/pushups followed by 10 min of climbing non stop, repeat x3. Total of 8 hrs. 2 hr class 6 hrs of training.

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Hater...

By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Mathematical!

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Girls? You might wanna double check that.

Whatever...women!

By adamx

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:

Are you going hard on the bike, then hitting the climbs in an already fatigued state, or is it more of an active recovery type thing between sets?

Pretty much every gym session for me is similar.. except the first half of my session is strictly climbing. Once I'm satisfied with sending a hand full of routes closer to my limit, I back off a bit and start supersetting routes with the strength training. I really enjoy the hard/harder/easy thing between sets. Gyms with autobelays are great for this, else it can be hard to keep up the pace.

By Dana Bartlett
From CT
Jul 21, 2013

You might wanna double check that.

Double? Triple, at least!
Nothing left but my fingerprints . . .

me

Dana don't worry about those fools.

By adamx

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Dana don't worry about those fools. Fatigued state is the key. Core training between climbing bursts is what got me hurting the most. We don't realize how much core muscles we use climbing.

Good stuff. I'm a big fan of core work for climbing.

Along with the "slowly bring feet to pullup bar and back down" leg raises (or even better, these in a bouldering cave), weighted planks for time have been my best friend lately.

me

Two people ,one holding a plank for 2 min holding down his partners feet while the other does situps as quickly as possible for 2 min and switch...repeat a desired number of times depending on the level of fitness. Gets you going!

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
At the BRC

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Hater...

Hate the (incredible quantity of inane) posts, not the poster

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Finn the Human wrote:
Girls? You might wanna double check that.

Dana Bartlett wrote:
Double? Triple, at least!

What is this, The Crying Game?

By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Mathematical!

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Hate the (incredible quantity of inane) posts, not the poster What is this, The Crying Game?

Since you seem to have missed it... Dana is a man.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>