a team of two: climbing bootcamp from Boulder
Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

Jul 20, 2013
me
I just attended their session and was very impressed with their gym training program developed to incorporate cardio/strenght training and rock climbing. Focused on endurance. Highly recommended! Ellenore Zimmerman
Jul 20, 2013
You live in Boulder? Fuck. I used to like this town... SDY
Joined Jan 29, 2013
11 points
Jul 20, 2013
RJN
They should incorporate spelling... Ryan N
From Bellingham, WA
Joined May 21, 2009
183 points
Jul 20, 2013
me
They are traveling the States just like we do. I found them doing the promotional session. If you see them advertising locally totally go. I never worked so hard. Perfect for climbers who can't always climb outdoors and find gym getting not as challenging anymore. Solid dudes. Ellenore Zimmerman
Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
find gym getting not as challenging anymore.

Seems unlikely considering Movement always has 5.14s or .13ds on the wall. On a side note, Movement is the shit. Best setting in the States.
20 kN
From Hawaii
Joined Feb 2, 2009
726 points
me
Movement has the mildest settings that I ever climbed in. And that's Colorado and South North Cali...I don't remember East Coast gym routes being mild either. This workshop inspired me to develop a gym routine that me and my boyfriend are going to follow to get the most out of our training. This program is not for beginners since it puts emphasis on being able to climb 3 routes in a row and climb for ten minutes non stop. Gym is a necessary evil why not maximize what you get out of your 2 hrs?! Ellenore Zimmerman
me
The older and longer you climb the less finger punishment you want....and there are so many of boulderers wanting to develop endurance on routes....it's for them too. Yes it's hard to get a workout in the gym if projecting is not your thing. Ellenore Zimmerman
Team of two
Team of two
Ellenore Zimmerman
Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:

I'm curious what you mean by mildest setting? Do you mean super soft grading or non-finger intensive setting or something else?

And for what it's worth, I've never attended the team of two sessions but everybody I know who has speaks highly of it.
Arnold Braker
From golden, co
Joined Jun 28, 2007
289 points
me
Mild as in super grainy plastic, mostly square neutral positioning , gimme sequences, height friendly moves. It's a good gym and they were trying to get everybody's opinion to contest grades and give feedback on routes by posting suggested grade notes. As far as I remember the routes needed to be more imaginative. Ellenore Zimmerman
me
Yes I went by myself but its only because my boyfriend had to work. He heard me say I was interested in the class and did something very special for me. What have yo all done lately for yer ladies? Ellenore Zimmerman
Ellenore,

Please, don't stop posting. Ever.
Dana Bartlett
From CT
Joined Nov 18, 2003
963 points
At the BRC
Dana Bartlett wrote:
Ellenore, Please, don't stop posting. Ever.

Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Dana I hope your man is good to you..you know how them climbing bums can be girl!

Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off!

:-)
Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Joined Nov 29, 2007
200 points
Dana Bartlett wrote:
Ellenore, Please, don't stop posting. Ever.

I agree!

What kind of training do they have you doing? Could you post a sample routine?
adamx
Joined Mar 8, 2013
15 points
me
I intend to write my program and post it here as a suggested training routine for critique. Ellenore Zimmerman
me
Exampe would be 10 min on bike then climb 3 easy/hard/easy non stop then 3 sets of pullups/abs/pushups followed by 10 min of climbing non stop, repeat x3. Total of 8 hrs. 2 hr class 6 hrs of training. Ellenore Zimmerman
Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Hater...
Ellenore Zimmerman
Mathematical!
Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Girls? You might wanna double check that.
Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Joined Jul 11, 2008
123 points
Whatever...women! Ellenore Zimmerman
Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:

Are you going hard on the bike, then hitting the climbs in an already fatigued state, or is it more of an active recovery type thing between sets?

Pretty much every gym session for me is similar.. except the first half of my session is strictly climbing. Once I'm satisfied with sending a hand full of routes closer to my limit, I back off a bit and start supersetting routes with the strength training. I really enjoy the hard/harder/easy thing between sets. Gyms with autobelays are great for this, else it can be hard to keep up the pace.
adamx
Joined Mar 8, 2013
15 points
Jul 21, 2013
You might wanna double check that.

Double? Triple, at least!
Nothing left but my fingerprints . . .
Dana Bartlett
From CT
Joined Nov 18, 2003
963 points
me
Dana don't worry about those fools.
Ellenore Zimmerman
Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Dana don't worry about those fools. Fatigued state is the key. Core training between climbing bursts is what got me hurting the most. We don't realize how much core muscles we use climbing.

Good stuff. I'm a big fan of core work for climbing.

Along with the "slowly bring feet to pullup bar and back down" leg raises (or even better, these in a bouldering cave), weighted planks for time have been my best friend lately.
adamx
Joined Mar 8, 2013
15 points
me
Two people ,one holding a plank for 2 min holding down his partners feet while the other does situps as quickly as possible for 2 min and switch...repeat a desired number of times depending on the level of fitness. Gets you going! Ellenore Zimmerman
At the BRC
Ellenore Zimmerman wrote:
Hater...

Hate the (incredible quantity of inane) posts, not the poster

Mark E Dixon wrote:
Wow, you girls really seem to hit it off! :-)

Finn the Human wrote:
Girls? You might wanna double check that.

Dana Bartlett wrote:
Double? Triple, at least!

What is this, The Crying Game?

Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Joined Nov 29, 2007
200 points
Mathematical!
Mark E Dixon wrote:
Hate the (incredible quantity of inane) posts, not the poster What is this, The Crying Game?

Since you seem to have missed it... Dana is a man.
Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Joined Jul 11, 2008
123 points

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!