A Gift From Wyoming

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Apr 11, 2013
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

www.rockandice.com/lates-news/video-2-honnold-sending-a-gift>>>

Did anybody else notice that Honnold is putting in bolts in Yosemite on rappel?

By JCM
From Henderson, NV
Apr 11, 2013

It's 2013; get over it.

By GhaMby
From Heaven
Apr 11, 2013
Are you Chicken, or fishy?

I want to see someone put bolts in on lead on Leaning Tower without them being every 4-6 feet.

By Greg Kimble
From Colorado
Apr 11, 2013

JCM wrote:
It's 2013; get over it.

Awesome

By APBT1976
Apr 11, 2013
Black Dike 12/25/11

Yup i said it!

By Shane Neal
From Colorado Springs, CO.
Apr 11, 2013
Thunder

JCM wrote:
It's 2013; get over it.

By Brian Scoggins
From Eugene, OR
Apr 11, 2013

Wasn't Wheat Thin rap bolted by Jim Bridwell himself?

By bearbreeder
Apr 11, 2013

next time someone one the intraweb goes off about stick clipping ...

By john strand
From southern colo
Apr 11, 2013

Brian Scoggins wrote:
People who rap bolted Stigmata, after Skinner led it on pre-placed pitons, unavailable for comment. Wasn't Wheat Thin rap bolted by Jim Bridwell himself?

Wheat thin also has a chipped foothold.. phoenix is intentionally peg scarred.. etc

Seems like Alex is following Todd's vision

By Clayton Knudson
From El Portal, CA
Apr 11, 2013

here we go, i'll check back in seven pages

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Apr 12, 2013
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

I seem to remember a lot of debate about rap bolting in yosemite a year or two ago. I don't remember if there was ever a consensus. I thought, though, the idea was to do it on lead or on hooks, but definitely from the bottom , up.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Apr 12, 2013
Just a teaser

Who cares?

I'm a huge advocate for do it in the best style possible. If that means you rap in because the wall is so desperate and you want to ensure the bolts are placed in strategic spots and not every 4-6 ft apart that's great. If you want the adventure of a lifetime and sketch out for hours on hooks that's cool too. Just as long as the end product is well thought out, who cares?

By Ming
Apr 12, 2013
At Railay East Beach in Thailand

If you watch the video he placed 8 bolts (+2 for anchors) over an 180ft pitch, I would hardly call that sport or grid bolted. I don't think traditionalists have anything to worry about. Sounds sporty indeed. ;)

By BCA
From michigan
Apr 12, 2013

i don't blame the guy. anybody out there want to place bolts on lead on that slab? not me.

By Jon H
From Boulder
Apr 12, 2013
At the matching crux

I encourage all the whiners to go tackle the 30-35 foot runouts of 5.13+ and then come back here afterwards to discuss the ethics once they've sent.

By J Q
Apr 12, 2013
Me again!

APBT1976 wrote:
See what you have to say about that when Ivan Greene takes up residence at Camp 4 ;) Yup i said it!

Yes little troll, everything that burns your eyes is indeed one big conversation. I will dub this conversation the gear whore's list of superior ethical morality.

Your arguments logical connection, however, is not. These two actions have nothing to do with each other other than they bolt make you pe-pe heated. Try again, eventually you are bound to make a logical connection; even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

By rging
From Salt Lake City, Ut
Apr 12, 2013
CoR

Tom Mulholland wrote:
www.rockandice.com/lates-news/video-2-honnold-sending-a-gift>>> Did anybody else notice that Honnold is putting in bolts in Yosemite on rappel?

Multiple pitches of slab 5.13+. Uh, what's your point.