70 Sickle Parking Beta?

By willeslinger
From Golden, Colorado
Feb 17, 2013
I was pretty bummed when they didn't greenlight my "Bourne Identity" style reboot of The Eiger Sanction. This was from the rough draft's first act.

So, wanna head that way in the morning, but I've heard conflicting reports as to the legality of parking off I-70. Anyone here have a definitive answer for where/if I can park near the flow?

By Ryan N
From Lone Tree, Colorado
Feb 17, 2013
RJN

I've been wanting that for years! Good luck, I've heard nothing but bad expierences with the law...

By Jeremy Monahan
From Fort Fun, CO
Feb 17, 2013
View of Longs Peak from Mt. Alice, RMNP

Get in and get out quick if you go! I have never heard anyone say it was legal, but almost everytime I drive I70 on a weekend, there is someone parked below it. Right now, CDOT and CSP might be clamping down even more with all the road/rock work going on around that curve on I-70.

By Buff Johnson
Feb 17, 2013
smiley face

bring yer checkbook, 'cause they don't take amex

By matt davies
Feb 17, 2013

Good flow, don't get stuck, totally illegal, kinda worth it

By willeslinger
From Golden, Colorado
Feb 20, 2013

How illegal are we talking?

By seth0687
From Fort Collins
Feb 20, 2013
Leading the first ice pitch of the NW Gully-Thatchtop

Misdemeanor Trespassing.... could go to jail....could get up to 1,000$ fine. Climb Fast lol.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Feb 20, 2013
Bocan

willeslinger wrote:
How illegal are we talking?

Not that I'm the most law abiding citizen, just keep in mind that we are all ambassadors of our sport. Our individual actions can impact the group as a whole.

Not that this would be the case here, but public perception can jeopardize access in other venues. When I see people climbing illegally I usually don't think very highly of them.

My unsolicited .02...

By seth0687
From Fort Collins
Feb 21, 2013
Leading the first ice pitch of the NW Gully-Thatchtop

The first rule of the I-70 ice is that you don't talk about the I-70 ice lol.

By Paul-B
Feb 21, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

seth0687 wrote:
The first rule of the I-70 ice is that you don't talk about the I-70 ice lol.

This...