Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
3 C4 lobe severely bent
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 2 of 4.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
By Paul-B
Mar 16, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

Ha, what? Yes I shop at REI regularly. I don't want to change the policy, I like the policy, I was pretty clear about that... Getting away with abusing the policy is not REI implicitly condoning your cheating of the system. Your argument that "everything needs to be designed so that I can't find a way to cheat it, or else the cheating is warranted" is bullshit, and we both know it.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Paul-B wrote:
Ha, what? Yes I shop at REI regularly. I don't want to change the policy, I like the policy, I was pretty clear about that... Getting away with abusing the policy is not REI implicitly condoning your cheating of the system. Your argument that "everything needs to be designed so that I can't find a way to cheat it, or else the cheating is warranted" is bullshit, and we both know it.


then why are you shopping there if you are "paying more" as you claim ... thats BULLY SHIET ...

STOP SHOPPING THERE ... or anywhere else that has that type of warranty

because people will take stuff back for a variety of reasons ... you included

you want the 100% satisfaction guarantee ... but not when someone elses definition doesnt exactly align with your "100%"

hypocrit ;)


FLAG
By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Mar 16, 2013
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

I dunno, "if you're ever dissatisfied with an item, you may return or exchange..." leaves it pretty wide open. In fact, I'm feelin' pretty dissatisfied that the rubber on my scarpas only lasted one season. I'd better exchange them for a new pair.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Jon Zucco wrote:
I dunno, "if you're ever dissatisfied with an item, you may return or exchange..." leaves it pretty wide open. In fact, I'm feelin' pretty dissatisfied that the rubber on my scarpas only lasted one season. I'd better exchange them for a new pair.


thats their call ... they can modify their policy anytime they want ...

its not like they charge more than the MRSP for their climbing shoes is it now ;)


FLAG
By Paul-B
Mar 16, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

What? Your logic doesn't work... Your saying your cheating REI out of money, I am unhappy that you are both cheating the and bragging about it on the Internet, therefore I should not shop at REI? Hmmm... Nope. I like REI, as I already stated, I like their return policy. I don't like people that abuse that return policy. I like women, I don't like people that abuse women, however I am not going to avoid women because of jackasses.

Your question about "paying more," I never said they would charge more than retail, that silliness that you made up, they would never sell a thing. However, it is much more likely that jacket I want won't go on sale, and even if none of that ever happened, if I never paid a penny more for any goods if you weren't cheating the system, I would still be unhappy. I like REI, I have taken a lot of decent free classes there, I have watched several free ski films there. Hearing morons like you brag about cheating them would never make me happy. You think they will continue as many community events if they start losing more money to people like you? That is still the "rest of us paying for it." It seems you think you are playing a one man game of Robinhood, steal from REI, give to yourself.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Paul-B wrote:
What? Your logic doesn't work... Your saying your cheating REI out of money, I am unhappy that you are both cheating the and bragging about it on the Internet, therefore I should not shop at REI? Hmmm... Nope. I like REI, as I already stated, I like their return policy. I don't like people that abuse that return policy. I like women, I don't like people that abuse women, however I am not going to avoid women because of jackasses. Your question about "paying more," I never said they would charge more than retail, that silliness that you made up, they would never sell a thing. However, it is much more likely that jacket I want won't go on sale, and even if none of that ever happened, if I never paid a penny more for any goods if you weren't cheating the system, I would still be unhappy. I like REI, I have taken a lot if decent free classes there, I have watched several free ski films there. Hearing morons like you brag about cheating them would never make me happy. You think they will continue as many community events if they start loosing more money to people like you? That is still the "rest of us paying for it." It seems you think you are playing a one man game of Robinhood, steal from REI, give to yourself.


lol ... now your bringing "abusing women" in the same post of returning a cam

guess we know that you got yr priorities straight

you said explicitly that

You are returning it because you are cheap, the rest of us pay for that


well then DONT SHOP THERE ... go buy your stuff somewhere else on sale ... vote with your feet ... that way you wont "pay" for abusers ... unless you buy OR, EB, Lands End, LL Bean, MEC, etc ,,,

on one hand you want whatever "100%" satisfaction means to you ... but not to someone else

hypocrit

its that simple ... well not when you bring "abusing women" into it ;)


FLAG
By Paul-B
Mar 16, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

Please reread my last post in regards to "paying more." You are clearly ignoring all the valid points I made. Abusing women... Your logic seems even more stupid when applied to another topic doesn't it? Snark comments are your only response. Also, quit saying "don't shop there," I have clearly covered that.

Quit cheating REI, quit bragging about it on the Internet, the end.


FLAG
By Adam Stackhouse
Administrator
Mar 16, 2013
Courtright Reservoir, September 2013

Classic thread drift....


FLAG
By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Mar 16, 2013
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

Shhhhh sh sh sh sh. Shhhhh. There, there. Both of you. It'll be ok. Sleep now.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Paul-B wrote:
Please reread my last post in regards to "paying more." You are clearly ignoring all the valid points I made. Abusing women... Your logic seems even more stupid when applied to another topic doesn't it? Snark comments are your only response. Also, quit saying "don't shop there," I have clearly covered that. Quit cheating REI, quit bragging about it on the Internet, the end.



"valid" posts you made ...

You are returning it because you are cheap, the rest of us pay for that

dont shop at REI then if yr paying more because of the abusers ...

Yes I shop at REI regularly. I don't want to change the policy, I like the policy,

you want YOUR 100% satisfaction ... but not someone elses ... of which EVERYONE will ahve different interpretations there of

Nope. I like REI, as I already stated, I like their return policy. I don't like people that abuse that return policy. I like women, I don't like people that abuse women,

and ya just HAD to bring "abusing women" into a thread about returning a cam ... typical

quite telling other people what to do on the intrawebs ... its not like were "abusing women" is it?

if you dont like it vote with your feet ... or tell em to change their policy to "100% satisfaction as interpreted by Paul B" ... write that letter NOW ;)


FLAG
By reboot
From Westminster, CO
Mar 16, 2013

bearbreeder, we all know about REI's policy & we all know what you are suggesting is on the abusive side of the policy. You can do whatever you want to do, but stop trying to justify your actions & pretend it does not affect the rest of us. Many of us like being able to return something that was truly shitty, but we also understand no retailer can survive w/ such a return policy if everybody behaves like you (fyi, you can get blacklisted by REI, though it's easy enough to open another membership account), so don't be surprised if most of us think you are an asshole.

There are many ways to increase cost to the patron: less sale (REI sales has gotten a lot more lame lately), less selection (they have shit for high performance climbing shoes, for example). For a retailer like REI, they have plenty say on the MSRP of a product.


FLAG
By Paul-B
Mar 16, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

You're still vomiting the same nonsense with out responding to any i the points i made. Repeating it doesn't make it so.


FLAG
By SDY
Mar 16, 2013

Bearbreeder... Puttin the d-bag in dirtbag.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

reboot wrote:
bearbreeder, we all know about REI's policy & we all know what you are suggesting is on the abusive side of the policy. You can do whatever you want to do, but stop trying to justify your actions & pretend it does not affect the rest of us. Many of us like being able to return something that was truly shitty, but we also understand no retailer can survive w/ such a return policy if everybody behaves like you (fyi, you can get blacklisted by REI, though it's easy enough to open another membership account), so don't be surprised if most of us think you are an asshole. There are many ways to increase cost to the patron: less sale (REI sales has gotten a lot more lame lately), less selection (they have shit for high performance climbing shoes, for example). For a retailer like REI, they have plenty say on the MSRP of a product.



dont shop at REI then ... its that simple ;)

to put it another way ... its not like the regular price at REI is higher than the regular price at say backcountry ... or moosejaw ...

www.spadout.com/p/black-diamond-camalot-c4/

and in fact MEC which has the same policy often has LOWER prices than smaller shops

if you dont want to "be affected' ... then dont shop there because no matter how much people rant and rave on the intrawebs ... plenty of people will take stuff back ...

plenty of people order several sizes of the same jacket, or multiple shoes ... and return them ... thats a BIG "abuse" ... the restocking costs and shipping costs are likely more than the "cost" of the shoe itself ... and yr emissions are killing cute cudly bears

yet no one here complains about it ... hypocrits


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Paul-B wrote:
You're still vomiting the same nonsense with out responding to any i the points i made. Repeating it doesn't make it so.


are ya going to write that letter now ;)


FLAG
By reboot
From Westminster, CO
Mar 16, 2013

bearbreeder wrote:
dont shop at REI then ... its that simple ;)

Who said anything about shopping there, I just think your action makes you an asshole, that's all.


FLAG
By Paul-B
Mar 16, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

Moron. Since you didn't get it the first time I wrote it, I will repeat. Paying more doesn't mean they will charge more than retail or more than other shops. It means sales are less frequent and lamer, and all the community events the put on will be also.

I realize your aren't going to change your ways, an that you are aware that you are being an ass, and will continue sitting there smugly with your super lame excuses for your behavior.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

reboot wrote:
Who said anything about shopping there, I just think your action makes you an asshole, that's all.


thats nice to know from someone on the intrawebs ;)

if you dont shop there then dont complain about the "affects all of us" ... its not like yr paying higher prices there ...

or go ahead and do since its the intrawebs =P


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Paul-B wrote:
Moron. Since you didn't get it the first time I wrote it, I will repeat. Paying more doesn't mean they will charge more than retail or more than other shops. It means sales are less frequent and lamer, and all the community events the put on will be also. I realize your aren't going to change your ways, an that you are aware that you are being an ass, and will continue sitting there smugly with your super lame excuses for your behavior.


LOL ...

wow its almost like im chipping rock or "abusing women" ...

the lameness is in your hypocrisy where you go whine about people using their policy and "higher prices" ... or less sales, or less events ... whatever ... and yet you STILL SHOP THERE

go vote with your feet and dollars ... or WRITE EM and tell em what you think rather than whinning on an intranet forum

if you dont like it dont shop there ... vote with your feet ... its a capitalistic democracy ;)


FLAG
By Dave Swink
From Boulder, Co
Mar 16, 2013

bearbreeder wrote:
yet no one here complains about it ... hypocrits


Moral deficiency combined with illiteracy. Impressive. I suspect that the need to use caps and name-call weakens your already weak argument.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Dave Swink wrote:
Moral deficiency combined with illiteracy. Impressive. I suspect that the need to use caps and name-call weakens your already weak argument.


yr most imaginative and contributing post proves you the "superior" hombre little one ;)

go do some shopping at REI =P


FLAG
By Dave Swink
From Boulder, Co
Mar 16, 2013

bearbreeder wrote:
go do some shopping at REI =P


Funny, I was on my way there for a bike pump even with your prompting, but I will say "hi" for you. :-)

Seriously, you are aware the red squiggly line under a word in the post composition box means it's probably misspelled, right?


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Dave Swink wrote:
Funny, I was on my way there for a bike pump even with your prompting, but I will say "hi" for you. :-)


NOOOOO ... you dont want to go there ... because of all those evil abusers youll end up "paying more"

make sure you tell em to change their policy ...

and scream at the people returning stuff ;)


FLAG
By Dave Swink
From Boulder, Co
Mar 16, 2013

bearbreeder wrote:
NOOOOO ... and scream at the people returning stuff ;)


Yah, someone is screaming.

Do folks to that (go over-the-top emphatic) when they can feel inside that they are seriously wrong? This is mostly kidding about your last post. I did see the winky emoticon.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Mar 16, 2013

Dave Swink wrote:
Yah, someone is screaming. Do folks to that (go over-the-top emphatic) when they can feel inside that they are seriously wrong? This is mostly kidding about your last post. I did see the winky emoticon.


people do get overly emotive about returning a cam ...

theres many more important things going on in the world ... even in the climbing world

wait till we start mentioning PASes ;)

first world intraweb climbing problems ...


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 2 of 4.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>